The doctoral school ensure that any PhD student has a minimum funding which must afford to live properly in Paris area. A net amount corresponding to 90% of the doctoral contract simple (~1200€) seems the strict minimum.
Except in exceptional cases (scholarships for foreign students, CIFRE, CFR,…) this funding gives rise to the signature of a doctoral contract with the employing institution.
- For doctoral contracts delivered by the ED, the specific contracts to ENS students or Ecole Polytechnique students, or contracts issued for a call by the various partners of the ED, the employing institution is the registration institution.
- As for fundings from own resources of the laboratory, the employer is the managing organization of the funding. In this case, the thesis advisor should help the implementation of the employment contract.
In most cases, the doctoral contract starts at the beginning of the academic year, that is to say the 1st of October.
For ENS students, Ecole Polytechnique students and associate professor, the contract should start the 1st of September.
In all cases, the contract must be signed before the effective date.
Depending of the institution, the registration in thesis shall be done before signing the contract.
- PSL/ENS : In order to establish your contract, you have to contact, after your enrollment at the PhD office :
PSL with Vita Mikanovic – 62 bis rue Gay Lussac, 75005 Paris, tel : +33 1 76 21 83 16
ENS with SRH , 29 rue d’Ulm, 3rd floor, 75005 Paris, tel : +33 1 44 32 29 25
- UPMC :
If you have a doctoral contract delivered by the UPMC or a contract on specific procedure, please visit the corresponding page. Provided that Nadine Yassine have indicated to you that your file is OK, you can if necessary contact the Human Resources Department , tel : +33 1 44 27 33 34.
In principle, the signatures take place :
1. For ENS alumni, Ecole Polytechnique alumni and associate professor : before the 1st of September (effective date on 09/01/2015)
2. For all the PhD students : late in august until September
If you have a doctoral contract on own resources (research contract or Labex), please refer to the procedure describe on the corresponding page.