Transverse (professional) training should enable you to develop skills that will be useful regardless of the continued career.
These skills may concern :
- methods of oral or written communication,
- teaching and education,
- discovery of the academic or business world,
- basics of project and team management,
- tools in the job search assistance
This list is not exhaustive, and you should first check whether any given program is eligible by contacting the representative for your enrolling institution on the Executive Board of the ED.
These courses are mainly delivered by specific structures formed at the institutional level:
- The transverse doctoral training program of PSL.
- The transverse doctoral training program of Sorbonne Université
- The Doctoral Training Centre for Professional Initiatives (CFDIP) of Université Sorbonne Paris Cité
- The transverse doctoral training of Université Paris-Saclay
All the transverse training courses organised by the partner institutions can be attended by any PhD student registered in EDPIF.