The director of the Doctoral School is SmVhbi1GcmFuJUMzJUE3b2lzK0FsbGVtYW5k, professor, ENS.
He is supported by three deputy directors, each representing one of the partner institutions:
- for the Université Sorbonne Université: TWFyaWErQ2hhbWFycm8=, professor, SU ;
- for the Université Sorbonne Paris Cité : UGhpbGlwcGUrTGFmYXJnZQ==, professor, UPD ;
- for the Université Paris-Saclay : Q2xhdWRlK1Bhc3F1aWVy, professor, U-PSaclay.
Beyond the general operation of the EDPIF, each board member is also in charge of the relations between the ED and the respective institutions and for monitoring of thesis students enrolled at the institution. The Director and Assistant Directors implement the policy of the ED in terms of recruitment, training, monitoring, and professional integration of PhDs. To establish this policy, they rely on the Council of the ED.
Each member of the board is assisted by an administrator.
|•||PSL :||Q2Fyb2xlK0hhbW9u||Physics Dept. of the ENS, bureau GH 210
24 rue Lhomond - 75231 Paris cedex 05
|01 44 32 25 59|
|•||SU:||TmFkaW5lK1lhc3NpbmU=||Jussieu Campus, 56-66, 2è étage, porte 218, case courrier 921
4, place Jussieu - 75252 Paris cedex 05
|01 44 27 80 39|
|•||USPC :||TW9uaWErTWVzdGFy||Condorcet building, bureau 367A, case courrier 7008
10, rue A. Domon et L. Duquet - 75205 Paris cedex 13
|01 57 27 61 10|
|•||UPSaclay :||U2FiaW5lK0hvYXJhdQ==||LPS Orsay, porte 145
Bâtiment 510, 91405 Orsay cedex
|01 69 15 53 56|
Council of the Doctoral School Reports
The Executive Board of the ED is supported by a Council that assists in all its assigned missions.
The Council plays multiple roles:
- It defines the procedures and methods of the recruitment of doctoral students;
- It can serve as a committee of exception of title or equivalence;
- It reviews the suggested applications for different for proposals;
- It defines the policy for the scientific training and activities of the ED;
- It acts, as needed, in monitoring theses with particular difficulties.
The Council comprises professors and researchers,representatives of the socio-economic world, representatives of the doctoral students, and representatives of the technical and administrative staff.
As of 22 May 2018 the Council is constituted as follows:
12 laboratory directors
- Florence Gazeau (Laboratoire Matière et Systèmes Complexes, UPD)
- Stéphanie Mangenot (Physico-chimie, Institut Curie)
- François Daviaud (Service de Physique de l'Etat Condensé, CEA-Saclay)
- Benoît Douçot (Laboratoire de Physique Théorique et des Hautes Energies, SU)
- Antoine Heidmann (Laboratoire Kastler Brossel, ENS, SU)
- Jorge Kurchan (Laboratoire de Physique Statistique, ENS)
- Sylvain Ravy (Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, UPSud)
- Maria Luisa Della Rocca (Laboratoires Matériaux et Phénomènes Quantiques, UPD)
- Christophe Testelin (Institut des NanoSciences de Paris, SU)
- Arnaud Tourin (Institut Langevin, ESPCI)
- Emmanuel Trizac (Laboratoire de Physique Théorique et Modèles Statistiques, UPsud)
- Pascal Viot (Laboratoire de Physique Théorique de la Matière Condensée, SU)
2 ED administrators and technical/administrative staff representatives
- Carole Hamon
- Nadine Yassine (SU)
3 representatives of the academic world outside of the ED
- Anne Amy-Klein (Laboratoire de Physique des Lasers, Paris 13)
- Jean-Jacques Greffet (Directeur ED Ondes et Matière, Paris Sud)
- Jacques Le Bourlot (Directeur ED Astronomie et astrophysique d'Ile-de-France)
4 doctoral students elected by their peers from each institution
- Thomas Vourc'h (USPC - LIED - promotion 2015)
- Tamara Bardon-Brun (SU - LKB - promotion 2017)
- Lauriane Contamin (PSL - LPA - promotion 2016)
- Manon Marchand (UPSaclay - LPS Orsay - promotion 2017)
2 representatives of the socio-economic sector
- Claire Lebouteiller, Responsable pôle recrutement, Adoc Talent Management
- Martin G. Lüling, Directeur de Recherche, Schlumberger
Council membership is renewed every 5 years (with the exception of doctoral students, renewed every 2 years).
The Council of the ED typically meets three times a year, and more frequently if necessary.