In order to enroll in the doctoral school, you must have a PhD advisor who agrees to supervise the thesis, a research project, and sufficient funding, which must be provided either by an external agency or by the research group or by the doctoral school itself. The funding from French institutions can not be lower than the French nationally defined amount for doctoral candidates (approximately 1400 € per month) while the funding from foreign institutions can not be lower than 1200 €. In cases where the funding is lower than this amount, the research group is required to find additional funding to reach the required limit. The PhD proposal has to be uploaded on the proposal submission pages by the advisor before the student’s application.
Whatever the planned funding source, you have to:
- Fill in the online application form, and choose the pre-proposed PhD project. You will then receive an e-mail containing a personal link.
- Provide the following documents in digital format (as PDF files):
- ID card or passport
- CV (resume)
- Transcript of your master's courses, including grades
- Reference letters by the advisors of your previous internships
- Reference letter of the considered PhD advisor
- Possibly, up to 3 recommendation letters (at maximum
- if you have your own funding (other than CD ED), the financing plan and supporting documents for your envisioned source of funding.
The (not mandatory) reference letters and confidential assessments must be sent by their authors via e-mail to .