European regulations on the protection of personal data (GDPR), came into force on May 25th, 2018, and can also be fund on the website of CNIL. In application of this law, we inform you below of the conditions of collection, storage and processing of your personal data.
you are hereby informed that:
- The general legal basis of this processing is the application of the Order of May 25th, 2016 setting the national framework for training and the procedures leading to the issuance of the national doctoral diploma.
- By checking the consent box you agree to the terms detailed below. If you do not give your consent, your admission to the doctoral school will not be possible.
- Any activit on the website for authenticated users is recorded in a log, which is kept for 1 year.
- As a general rule, only the ED's staff members can have access to all the data.
- You have the right to access, correct, get communication and delete your data, under conditions given below (GDPR, Chapter III)
- The data controller is the director of the ED PIF : Frédéric Chevy.
To exercise your rights, please contact webmaster, who will address the problem in conjunction with the ED's head. and, if necessary, will forward it to the relevant DPO (whose address will be provided in due time).
- In the event of violations of these provisions, or other requirements of the GDPR, or disputes relating to the processing of your data, you have a right of recourse with CNIL (in French). (GDPR, Chapter VIII)
The different purposes of the processing carried out are as follows:
- Selection of students admitted to prepare a thesis within the ED PIF;
- Monitoring of registrations, work contracts, progress of the thesis, and defenses;
- Monitoring the career development of graduates;
- Preparation of doctoral contracts;
- Statistical studies on the doctorate and doctoral careers, and evaluation of doctoral schools.
Special conditions relating to the data of the different categories of users:
Applicants for registration (purpose 1)
- The data collected on the application form and the documents uploaded in the application file are required to process your application.
- Data and documents are stored on the ED server in a secure manner. For the candidates of the competition, the jury members will be able to access them.
- Confidential letters of recommendation are intended for the members of the ED's board and the competition jury, who alone will have access to them.
- No automated decision processing or “profiling” is performed during the selection process.
- For candidates not admitted to ED, these data and documents will be kept for a period of one year.
- For candidates admitted to the ED, some data and documents will be transferred to the doctoral student's personal space, and others will be deleted.
- Information related to the admission of doctoral students is published in real time on the Admissions page of the website.
Doctoral students and alumni of ED (purposes 2 and 3)
Each doctoral student and doctor of ED has a “personal space” whose access is protected by a login and a password.
- The data collected are necessary for the accomplishment of the missions assigned to the doctoral schools by the Order of May 25, 2016 setting the national framework for training and the procedures leading to the issuance of the national doctoral diploma.
- The right to withdrawal of consent, of deletion of personal data and tobe forgotten can only be exercised in case of resignation. (abandonment of the program leading to the doctorate) or at the end of the period of follow-up of the PhDs' careers (10 years after the defense). (GDPR, Chapter II, article 6, § 1.b, 1.d and 1.e)
The data provided by the doctoral students and the doctors of the ED are communicated, as needed, only to the following persons:
- the Academic Department and the Doctoral Training Department of the institution of enrollment,
- the thesis directors and co-supervisors, who have access to the complete file of the doctoral students they supervise, and the members of the monitoring committees,
- the head of the laboratory of affiliation and the members of the ED's council,
- where applicable, the human resources or development department of the employing establishment or the doctoral mission management department of the concerned institution .
- in partially anonymized form, the MESR and the HCERES (purpose 5).
In addition, doctoral students in charge of the organization of the scientific days scientific days have an exhaustive list of doctoral students in the course of their thesis, including the email addresses of their fellow students.
Finally, the doctoral training departments of some institutions delegate to an external organization (as a subcontractor). survey operations among doctors, for which the ED may be asked to provide e-mail addresses (purposes 3 and 5).
Doctoral students under doctoral contract with Sorbonne Université (purpose 4)
At Sorbonne Université, the processing of data necessary for the elaboration of doctoral contracts is delegated to the ED. Therefore, the doctoral students concerned are invited to provide, in the "Infos administratives" section of their personal space, the necessary data or documents, intended to the establishment of their contract (GDPR, Chapter II, article 9, § 2.b).
These data are transmitted securely to the DRH of the university and then erased, within a period of 2 to 3 months.
Thesis supervisors and co-supervisors ( purposes 1 to 5)
We process the data relating to the affiliation and professional status of thesis supervisors, as they appear to their personal file, which are necessary for the procedures of recruitment and of monitoring of doctoral students and alumni's careers.
- Recruitment data are deleted at the same time as recruitment data are deleted for applicants (purpose 1).
- Other data is kept as long as the researcher is active and remains affiliated to the ED. Beyond that, they will be deleted, upon explicit request, provided that the defense of former doctoral students took place more than 10 years erlier.
Changing Your Consent
If you want to change your consent, please log in first.